Hersheypark is such a fun park to visit for all ages. It’s within a few hours of DC, Baltimore, Philadelphia, and surrounding areas. Just outside of Harrisburg and a short ride from Lancaster, Hersheypark is fun no matter the time of year. My family has visited in the spring, fall and winter but their favorite time is the summer, because of the Boardwalk.
The Hersheypark Boardwalk, opened in 2007, is designed to look like the beaches of Atlantic City, Ocean City, Coney Island and Rehoboth beach. The Boardwalk boasts 6 water slides, a fun Lazy river, A large and kid size Wave pool, kid splash areas and the Waterworks. The seven story high Waterworks structure is the largest in the world. No matter what you like to do, you will find something you love at the Boardwalk. My girls love the slides, while I enjoy the lazy river. My only complaint is they never want to leave.
Hersheypark Boardwalk Tips:
- Get there early! If you stay at one of the hotels (contact me to book) you get early admission to the park
- find where you want to camp out and then choose your locker, otherwise you may be walking all over when you need your things
- Go during the week to beat the crowds
- Wear water shoes, the ground gets really hot and the concrete will tear up your feet
- Bring refillable water bottles
- Get a waterproof cover for your phone so you can take lots of pictures (I didn’t, hence the lack of pictures), though using cameras underwater is not allowed.
- Don’t wear bathing suits with zippers, studs, chains or other metal parts
Hersheypark is adding 2 new slides to the Boardwalk in 2018 called the White Cap Racer and the Breakers Edge. The White Cap Racer is going to be the worlds longest mat racer. It goes 70 feet high and has six side by side tunnels with two sets of 360 loops! The Breakers Edge water coaster is the worlds first hydromagnetic roller coaster with flying saucer turns. It has a four person raft for the whole family with a ride time of about one minute. It will be the parks 14th coaster. These are both expected to open Memorial Day 2018
Guest Post Written By Patti Persia: Patti Persia is a travel agent with Destinations to Explore and specializes in family vacations, destination weddings and cruises. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a free quote for your next vacation.