- Book a Balcony Stateroom – They say, once you go balcony, you never go back! I, for one, can vouch that statement is true. Balcony staterooms are a special way to elevate your cruise experience. What’s better than waking up and stepping out on your private balcony and listening to the waves each morning? Watching the sunrise while you eat breakfast al fresco…but you get BOTH experiences when you book a balcony stateroom! Lucky you. 😉
- Splurge on the Beverage Package – If sipping cocktails is your favorite pastime while on vacation, then booking a beverage package while cruising is definitely something you should consider investing in. Many cruise lines offer packages that include alcohol, beer, and wine up to a certain price point for a flat rate per day. If you enjoy a morning mimosa, a couple afternoon beers, wine with dinner and a night cap or two each evening, a beverage package can end up saving you money during the extent of your cruise vacation. And BONUS…many cruise lines offer free beverage package perks or the opportunity to bundle one with a cruise booking, so be on the lookout for those awesome deals (or contact your trusty travel agent to steer you to them). 😉
- Treat Yourself to Spa Treatment: You’re on vacation, so why not?! Spas onboard are of high quality and offer a wide range of relaxing and rejuvenating treatments to suit even the pickiest of spa-goers. On days when the ship is in port, you can often find the best spa deals while everyone else is off the ship. This can make for nice, quiet day of pampering that’s unparalleled to any spa experience you’ve had before. So, treat yourself! You deserve it.
- Enjoy a Specialty Restaurant…or Two: The Main Dining room on board is wonderful…rotating menus and exceptional service every single night. But, cruise ships also offer a handful of delicious restaurants alternatives to eating in the main dining room every evening. With cuisines and themes ranging from French and Italian, all the way to Asian fusion and fancy steakhouses…take a night or two off from the dining room and experience different palate-pleasing fare.
- Embrace the Cruise-itude : Once onboard, don’t become a recluse in your comfy stateroom…explore the ship, get your bearings, and dive in head first to the fun that awaits you all around the ship! You’ll have the opportunity to try new foods, dress up for formal nights and themed cruise parties, and get involved with all sorts of cruise activities ranging from educational port lectures and cooking classes, all the way to bingo night and pool volleyball. Throw caution to the wind and enjoy all that cruise life has to offer!
Eager to plan and book your first cruise? Contact me today for your FREE cruise quote!
Written by Casey Cote: Casey Cote is a travel agent with Destinations to Explore. She loves planning incredible vacations at no cost to you. To book your next cruise, all-inclusive resort vacation, family getaway or honeymoon, contact at Casey@destinationstoexplore.com. You can also find her on Facebook!