In Fall 2016, new onboard experiences for the whole family are coming to the Disney Wonder cruise ship—let’s take a peek at what magical enhancements are on the horizon!
Marvel Super Hero Academy
“The Marvel universe comes to life in Marvel Super Hero Academy. Here, kids can train to develop the brave and adventurous heroes inside themselves. It’s an exciting addition to Disney’s Oceaneer Club, the engaging and interactive space just for children.
Exclusively on the Disney Wonder, Marvel Super Hero Academy will offer extraordinary adventures in which each young Guest plays an integral role. With the mentorship of some of Marvel’s greatest Super Heroes, young trainees will learn the value of teamwork, bravery and problem solving through hands-on play and programs.
Throughout the academy, displays will feature equipment that helps make Marvel Super Heroes the mightiest in the universe. Captain America’s World War II shield, Iron Man’s helmet, Spider-Man’s web shooters and Black Widow’s gauntlets will inspire young Super Hero recruits.”
More Fun for Young Guests
“In Disney’s Oceaneer Club, open to children ages three to 12 years old, kid-sized fun continues with new play spaces and more character interactions than ever before.
- Frozen Adventures is where fun takes the form of imaginative play and hands-on activities. On the digital screen, Olaf leads summery games with a wintery twist and a sing-a-long of “In Summer.” In another festive activity, young Guests prepare for a coronation and receive a truly royal visit by Anna and Elsa.
- Club Disney Junior features favorite Disney Junior characters, storytelling and games. During one activity, Doc McStuffins pays a visit to the club to help children diagnose and treat the stuffed animals.
- Andy’s Room is where kids feel toy-sized in the multi-level play space themed to the Disney•Pixar “Toy Story” trilogy. As a special treat, Woody appears in person to join youngsters in a hoedown and Jesse stops by to join in a scavenger hunt.
These and other spaces provide the perfect settings for children to not only meet their favorite characters but to dance, play and spend quality time with them.
A new “it’s a small world” nursery will delight the youngest cruisers with a whimsical world inspired by the style of the legendary theme park attraction.”
Tiana’s Place Restaurant
“Exclusive to the Disney Wonder, Tiana’s Place restaurant will transport guests to an era of southern charm, spirited jazz and street party celebrations. With a menu influenced by southern-style cuisine, Tiana’s Place will provide food for the body and soul, showing that dreams and dishes come true.
Guests of Tiana’s Place, the restaurant inspired by Princess Tiana in the Disney animated feature, “The Princess and the Frog,” will be treated to a celebration of New Orleans dining and entertainment. Live music will be performed on the main stage, with rhythmic, toe-tapping notes of jazz, swing and blues setting the tone for the French Quarter supper club atmosphere. Chefs will cook up Tiana’s recipes, drawing inspiration from the flavors and ingredients of the Louisiana bayou.
Cheers, to an English Pub
“The adult district includes a brand-new pub that invites guests to take a jaunt to an authentic English tavern. Dark woods, plush leather furniture and brass accents are reminiscent of a friendly neighborhood pub. A selection of British and specialty beers create the perfect pub atmosphere where adult guests can sip a pint or cocktail, or sample a brew made especially for the pub. Subtle nods to classic Disney films set in London can be found in artwork, props and other bits ‘n bobs throughout the pub.”
Throughout the Disney Wonder, other new and enhanced areas will include:
- After Hours – a new adult district featuring an English pub, an all-new night club and a shiny new model of the popular Cadillac Lounge
- A reimagined and relaxing Senses Spa & Salon and a new Chill Teen Spa
- Animator’s Palate main dining restaurant updated to introduce the popular “Drawn to Magic” and “Animation Magic” dinner shows
- D Lounge for family games and entertainment
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique providing magical makeovers for children
- Edge club for tweens
- Cabanas casual dining location
- Palo specialty restaurant makeover with Venetian-inspired décor
- A brand-new Walt Disney Theatre production, combining traditional theatrical techniques, modern technology and classic Disney whimsy
The ship’s upper decks also will be redesigned for water fun:
- Twist ‘n’ Spout water slide
- Dory’s Reef is a splash zone that offers water play for toddlers
- AquaLab is a pool and interactive water play area for kids and families
Disney Wonder undergoes dry dock from September 9 to October 23, 2016, in Cadiz, Spain, then the new enhancements will debut on sailings starting November 10 from Galveston, Texas. So stay tuned!
Interested in experiencing the reimagined Disney Wonder for yourself? Contact me today!
Shared by Casey Cote: Casey Cote is a travel agent with Destinations to Explore. She loves planning incredible vacations at no cost to you. To book your next cruise, all-inclusive resort vacation, family getaway or honeymoon, contact at Casey@destinationstoexplore.com. You can also find her on Facebook!